Site Navigation

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sketches by Carly #51



Hello! It's been a few days since my last post. We are enjoying some Spring like weather here (well, I wasn't since I worked all day today), but some people did. lol The weather and the switch to Daylight Saving Time is really messing with our internal clocks though, and I haven't been able to get the small man to bed before 10pm either night! I can't do much of anything at night when he's awake because after being apart all day he wants to snuggle. I cannot deny him (or myself) that momma/son time so it's now 11pm and I am just getting down to business. And, let me tell you, I have a crafty To Do list a mile long! So I'm going to try to keep my post brief. Famous last words, right? Haha!

I wanted to play along with Sketches by Carly this week (#51). I wish I had her talent for layouts! And she only 13 years old! That is just so impressive to me! Anyway... Disclaimer: I did take a few liberties with the sketch, but the basic structure is there. This card was a request from a woman at work. She wanted a special 16th birthday card for her daughter's best friend. She told me she likes chocolate, cooking, and reading. I decided to play with one of my new My Favorite Things stamp sets called Well Read. I love to paper piece their images so here I did the couch and the book cover, coloring only her clothes and skin with my Copics. Designer papers are from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad called Lost & Found - Market Street. Flowers are from my stash (a mix of WOC and Recollections). The baker's twine is from Stampin' Up. I just got some of their In Color products, and I love the color combo I used here (Pool Party and Calypso Coral). I paired it with the neutral Soft Suede. I punched a small circle and added some glittered chipboard numbers on top of it. A Martha Stewart border punch and Nesties Labels Seven were also used.

Markers used: Copics (E11, E21, E00, E23, E25, E27) and Prismacolor Art Markers (6, 14).

I'd also like to enter this project into the following challenges:
- Stamp and Create: Paper Piecing
- Wild Orchid Challenges: #44-Get In Shape (3 different shapes: rectangle, Labels Seven, circle)

Thanks for stopping by and I'll most definitely be back later this week with more creations to share! Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

{hugs}
Regan

11 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

Morning Regan,
Awesome card it is really well done. I love the image that is so perfect for cute teenagers.
Hugs
Tammy

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful card. Love the paper piecing. The sofa looks so comfy. BTW my AOL account got hacked. Sorry for any inconvenience. Like you I never open attachments unless I know what they are. I also never send internet chain letters. My email will always have a subject line that you can relate to.

Scrappin Sista said...

I love this card!!! Reminds me of my kids!!! love it!!

Kristine said...

Love it, Love it!! This is so cool how you put the couch on the book Nestie... and I'm loving your bouquet of flowers on the "16"--lovely color combo too! Thanks so much for playing at Sketches by Carly!! Great to have you *Ü*

Kim Kelley said...

Love it! That couch looks so cool! Wonderful card for a sweet 16! You gotta get that snuggle time in when you can. Before the "Oh Mom" starts! LOL HUGS

Linda said...

OH Hun, this is absolutely gorgeous!! As always very beautiful work.. hugs, Linda

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

So cute! Love this image! Perfect for teenagers!!!
Thanks for joining us @ Sketches by Carly!
Hugs
Genevieve

Imke said...

Perfect card for a teenager and i like the paper piecing !

Kate said...

LOL that looks like me in the card. Great take on that sketch.

Hugs,
Kate

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Your card is very much me as a youngster! I still read but not as much since I got into crafting again. Love it! ;o)

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie stunningly gorgeous...

Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time...

Big hugs love Pops x x x