Site Navigation

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day (in Review) and My Happy Place

Hi!  I'm here to share a few Mother's Day cards that I made.  The first is the one I created for my mom.  I used Telephone Marci from La-La-Land Crafts paired with a free printable from Epiphany Crafts.  It's hard to see in the photos but it says "Keep Calm and Call Mom".  Since I talk to my mom almost every day I though it would make for a fun card for her!  Marci is colored with Copics and cut with a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen Nestabililities die.  I sponged around the image in Baja Breeze and then used a stamp from an Impression Obsession set called Going Postal on one corner.  I added seam binding, flowers, flat back pearls, and a metal corner embellishment too.  It's hard to see but I also added a little glaze pen to Marci's glasses.  Papers are My Mind's Eye - Happy Day.  And the sketch is Sketch Saturday (#258). 




Markers used: Copics (E11, E21, E00, E23, E31, E79, R20, R81, R85, R24, R27, R29, BG10, BG72, N0, N2, N6).

Challenges:
- Creative Inspirations Paint: Mother's Day
- The Squirrel and The Fox: #43-Mother's Day 

Next is a Sassy Studio Designs beach babe called Sarong Sassy. 



She is colored with Copics and featured on the current Crafting Life's Pieces sketch (#58).  Papers are Webster's Pages - Palm Beach.  I used a favorite Martha Stewart border punch, added flat back pearls, baker's twine, flowers, a punched sand dollar/star fish, punched branches, and another metal corner embellishment.


Markers used: Copics (E11, E21, E00, R20, R32, R43, B00, B34, E70, E74, E79).

Challenges:
-Cupcake Craft: #242-Lots of Layers
- DigiHaven: Happy Mother's Day/Floral 
- Dare To Be Sassy Thursday: #176-April Showers Bring May Flowers 

Finally, here is Supermom from Kenny K!


I loved these My Mind's Eye - Happy Day papers with her!  They have such a vintage 1950s housewife feel to them!  Supermom is colored with my Copics and fussy cut. The sketch is Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #183.  I missed linking up for the challenge, but what a fabulous layout it is!  Another Martha Stewart border punch was used as well as my Fishtail Banners Die-namics from My Favorite Things.  I added flowers and flat back pearls. 



Markers used: Copics (E11, E21, E00, R20, R81, R85, BG10, BG72, Y04, Y11, Y23, Y32, Y35, Y38).

Challenges:
- Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge: #76-Three or More Different Flowers
- 2 Sisters Challenge Blog: #143-Mother's Day 

And last but not least, the whole wonderful reason I get to celebrate Mother's Day is this sweet, charming, adorable small man!  Look at that face!  I love him so much my heart just might burst with happiness!


And speaking of happiness....  That is the theme of today's Blog Every Day in May challenge:
Ten things that make you really happy.

1) My son, Kayne (see above).
2) Spending time with the people I love.  Whether it's friends - new or old - or family, I am a very social creature and I thrive in the company of others.
3) Paper crafting.  It is my only creative outlet besides writing and one I resisted at first.  But I found it's actually therapeutic and gives me an excuse to indulge in another thing that makes me happy (see #4)
4) Shopping.  Clothes. Shoes, Purses. Crafty goodness.  My newest addiction- Alex and Ani bracelets.  Gifts.  I have a passion for retail and I'm good at it!  I should have lived in a big city and gotten a job as some gajillionaire's personal shopper!
5) The ocean.  The sights.  The sounds.  The smells.  They reach into my very soul and give me a sense of serenity like nothing else does.
6) Halloween.  I. Love. It.  Everything about it!  The costumes, the decorations, the candy, the FUN!
7) Lilacs.  There is something about these beautiful and fragrant yet fleeting blooms that sets my heart alight with joy!
8) Music.  There is nothing in the world like belting out your favorite tune at the top of your lungs in the car.  Or attending a live concert.  The pulse of the music and the crowd is something I can never get enough of!
9) Sleeping in and/or naps.  Both are rarities these days since having my son, but that just makes them all the more special when they do happen!
10) Iced Coffee.  I have one every day and I don't drink it any other way.  Even in the dead of a New England winter.

This list is not all inclusive, by any means, but you get a sense of where my bliss is!  What about you?  What makes you happy?

{hugs}
Regan


5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Kayne is sooooo cute! Love his smile. I also love all of your cards and the beautiful sketches you've used. Beautiful cards, beautiful coloring.

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Regan, beautiful cards! Love all the details. Kayne is so cute!

Ruza Rebel said...

Gorgeous cards Regan! :D

craftyeyes said...

great card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

these are allgorgeous, I like the images and the colours, thank you for joining in with us at Digi Haven, Good Luck.
Kevin xx