Site Navigation

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dare To Be Sassy Thursday #64 - Handmade Embellishments




Good evening, and I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Though I still have four birthday cards to catch up on, I did manage to make a design team card this afternoon while my son was down for his nap. My image is a freebie from Sassy Studio Designs, called Bunny Cameo. She is no longer available, but if you are interested in snagging a complimentary image once a week, simply join the SSD group here on Paper Craft Planet. Every Friday there is a new image available for 24 hours, gratis. There is also a bi-weekly challenge there as well where you can win MORE free images of your choice! One just began on Friday with a Spring Has Sprung theme. You are required to use a Sassy Studio Designs image for the PCP challenge, and you receive a bonus entry for the prize if you use that week's freebie.

I also created this card for Sassy Studio Designs'

Dare To Be Sassy Thursday Challenge #64 - Handmade Embellishments. I made the rolled roses using a Die-namics die from My Favorite Things. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch and the "vines" are made of teal colored wire.

This was my first attempt with the rolled roses, and I think with some practice it will be an embellishment I love using! It's great for me since I am a bit of a stickler for color matching when it comes to papers and accessories.

My layout is Sketch #147 from Sketch Saturday. I would also like to enter the following challenges with this card:


Thanks for looking! I hope to be back in my crafting groove this week so check back to see what else I've been up to... Happy Spring, everyone!

Card Supplies
Images: Bunny Cameo (Sassy Studio Designs); Hoppy Easter (My Favorite Things)
Ink: printer; Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics (W10, W8, W6, R02, R20, B02, B04, E04, E11, E25, E27, E34); Prismacolor Art Markers (194, 128, 168)
Paper: So Saffron, Taken With Teal, and Certainly Celery card stock (Stampin' Up); white card stock (Georgia Pacific); Deena's Penny Lane designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Die-namics MINI Rolled Rose die (My Favorite Things); Designer Label punch (Stampin' Up); 1-3/8" circle punch (Stampin' Up); branch punch (Martha Stewart); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); teal wire (Making Memories); lace (unknown); pearls (unknown); glue dots; 3D dots

8 comments:

Kathy said...

This is beautiful Regan! Love those roses, mine never roll so nicely, lol. Such a pretty color combination you used, great card!

Sara said...

Love it Regan! Those roses are gorgeous, I need to try those!

Donna said...

Incredibly sweet card and such fab spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Janet said...

pretty card! love the roses!!
hugs

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the flower accent. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Cazza said...

A fab card, love the flowers and gorgeous colouring!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx