The new year always brings with it the promise of renewal, a clean slate, a fresh start.... And just a few days into 2014 The Corrosive Challenge brings you a new challenge along with a new sponsor! We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season and is ready to jump back into crafting!
We're welcoming back one of our favorites: A Day For Daisies! Tammy is offering a $12 gift voucher to the store for our winner as well as generously supplying our design team with images to use for the challenge. Visit the shop HERE to see all of the wonderful, whimsical images they have to offer!
Challenge #190 is all about those "New Beginnings". Whether it's a marriage, a new baby, starting over after a divorce, a new job, retirement, graduation, or any other occasion that marks a rite of passage from one stage or phase of life to the next. I chose A Royal Pain as my image and opted to make a card for an expectant mom. She is colored with Copics and glittered up with some Frosted Lace Stickles on her veil. I cut her out using the Romantic Rectangles Nestabilities from Spellbinders and stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things' Baby Bump set in the corner. I added Lavish flower trim from Tim Holtz, a row of pearls, and some flowers to finish it off. Paper is My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found: Madison Avenue. The sketch is from Try Stampin' On Tuesday (#149). Their twist was "Sparkle It Up".
This is the first of two posts today so check back for my KennyK debut! In the meantime, head over to The Corrosive Challenge blog to see what's "new" with team!
Markers used: Copics (E00, E11, E21, E23, E31, E79, R32, R81, R85).
- A Gem of a Challenge: Something New
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: Let's Celebrate
- Di's Digi Design Challenge: Time to Celebrate
- A Day For Daisies: #86-Anything Goes
- Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards Challenges: #55-New Beginnings
- Totally Papercrafts: #200-New Beginnings
- Milk Coffee Challenge: Celebrations
- Little Red Wagon: #218-New Beginnings
- Simon Says Stamp: Something New
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge : Show Us Celebrations