Hi there! It's been a busy week around here with a couple of fun vacation days with the small man. I'm afraid I've been a bit neglectful of my crafting duties this Summer but I'm here to share my design team card for the new Corrosive Challenge today. Our sponsor is one of my faves: A Day For Daisies! And though the holidays may seem a ways off now, they'll be here before you know it so why not get a head start on your card making with our "Christmas in July" theme?!?!
A Day For Daisies owner, Tammy, is generously offering a $12 voucher to her store for our winner! She also allowed each of us to select an image to work with. I chose Wild Star Nymph. She is colored with Copics and I printed her a second time so I could fussy cut her wings for an "outside the box" effect. They are covered with a liberal amount of Star Dust Stickles. My layout is courtesy of Sketch Saturday (#319). Papers are My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Christmas Special Edition. I used my Classic Circles and Lacey Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders) to cut and mat the image. The star was created using the Stars Five Nestabilities (also Spellbinders). I added a Tim Holtz holiday muse token and a few flowers from my stash as finishing touches.
It was fun to make a holiday card this time of year and I hope you'll join us for this challenge! However, I am enjoying Summer and am in no rush to see Winter weather any time soon! We just enjoyed a perfect beach day last week and I'm thinking I'd like a few more before I think of building snowmen instead of sand castles!
I will be back later this week with another card or two so stay tuned! Thanks for dropping in and hope you have a fabulous day!
Markers used: Copics (E00, E04, E11, E1, E23, E31, E79, R20, R37, R39, R89, Y32, Y35, YG91, YG93, YG95, BG10, BG72).
- Crafting At The Weekend: #3-Anything Goes
- Hiding in my Craft Room: #158-Christmas in July
- My Sheri Crafts: #138-Christmas in July
- Graph'It Color Challenge: Wk 29- Christmas Colors
- JellyPark Challenges: Christmas in July
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #66-Anything Goes
- Sweet Pea Stampers: Fairies
- The Stamping Boutique: Christmas in July
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: #111-Christmas in July
- Crafty Girls Challenge: #22-Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #268-Christmas
- Divas by Design: Christmas in July
- CraftyHazelNut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Christmas
- Fairies Challenge: #30-Fairies
5 months ago